Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stuck in a Rut..but now I'm OUT!

This past week has been really rough! I had strep throat again for the 2nd time in 2 months, so my training was put on hold so I could recover and since I've recovered I haven't had much motivation and every other day it snows so I don't feel like getting out in the snow to go to the workout room at our complex or to the rec center. BUT Since I had another snow day today because of icy roads in rural areas, I made myself get to our workout room at our complex and I am sure glad I did!


I had such an amazing experience today! I was the only one in the workout room this morning, granted it is a Tuesday morning and there are only 2 treadmills, one bike, one elliptical and a bow-flex thing, but it was great! At first, I put in my headphones, turned on the Price is Right and began walking..but as I was walking and listening to my "Half-Marathon Mix", "Free to be Me" By Francesca Battistelli came on and I knew that today's workout was going to be different. Then a few of my favorite songs by Bethany Dillon ("All that I can Do", "The Kingdom", and "Waking Up") came on and I was just pumped. I had an amazing experience worshiping my Savior while training. I ended up running all together 1 mile! That is great for me, because I ususally just walk at a fast pace and run in small spurts, but those strong and powerful words just spoke to me and I couldn't stop running! I ran for a half mile and then a 1/4 of a mile twice. I just felt that the Lord was pushing me along and helping me to not give up running. I did 3 miles total under 30 minutes. I feel so renewed in my training and in my spiritual walk with my heavenly father.

No comments:

Post a Comment