Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 1

My sister-in-law convinced me to run/walk the Music City Half-Marathon in April. The company she works for will reimburse her and someone else if they complete the half-marathon. So I agreed, needing a motivation to get in shape for the summer.

Day 1 consists of 3 miles to start. I was pumped all day to start training. Not like me considering I am not a runner. But I started out slow and worked my way up to running in intervals. Walked at a fast pace for 5 minutes, ran for 1, walked for another 5 minutes, ran for 2, walked for another 5 minutes, ran for 3. I walked for the rest of the time but finished 3 miles in 30 minutes.

There's a first time for everything. First time running (mostly walking) a half-marathon!

Tips are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. so excited about this..and that we'll be training for our half-marathons at the same time.
    biggest advice I have is to drink loooooooooooooooooots of water. if you're thirsty, you're already partially dehydrated.

    ReplyDelete