Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rain Rain GO AWAY AND DON'T COME BACK....

Until after race day...PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE!!

That's how I felt this past weekend. We ran 9 miles...9 MISERABLE miles. It was much colder than it has been and this is one of the first weekends that I decided that I didn't need my running tights. I thought I could get away with my cute running skirt, a drifit tank and a long sleeve tee. BOY WAS I WRONG! It was 49 degrees and windy. There was debris on the trail from the bad storm we had this past week. There were deep puddles we had to dodge and so on...We were running 4.5 miles in and then back out to our car. We were hoping to do 9 miles in an hour and 45 minutes and well the elements of mother nature didn't want us to get that good of a time. We had turned around and were about 2.5 miles away from our car and it started to sprinkle. Fine, I can handle a sprinkle...(heck, I handled a down pour last year at the Country Music Half, well I don't know if I would use the word "handled" but survived.) Then it started to DOWN POUR...we were very unhappy runners at this point. We were FREEZING and my cotton long sleeve tee that was suppose to be just to keep me warm enough was sopping wet and very uncomfortable. We did it though. We survived. We didn't make it in the time we wanted to but we did it and that is all that matters, really. And when I say "We" I mean my best friend Heather and I. But really, you guys should know this by now :) 

We stopped by starbucks in our sopping wet clothes, shivering and my Cinnamon Dolce Latte never tasted better!

No comments:

Post a Comment